Thursday, April 28, 2011

08Feb, 2011 - Winterlicious Corner house

Woot.


Yes.  I am determined to post up all the winterlicious I have had, today, 2 (almost 3) months later!!

Corner house!

Please excuse the quality of my picture.. it was dark and I only had my phone :S

It was indeed a little house located in the residential area - and it was found on the corner of a street! \
how charming :)



 Some bread and hummus again.  Not impressed with either this time.

 
House cured Graved lax - it was very standard Graved lax.  Reminded me of the ones I often get at Ikea.  :S
I wish the mustard was a bit more sour - as graved lax can get oily.  Lemon zest would have helped too.  I didn't enjoy this dish very much. 

Tina's Grilled tiger shrimps.  She enjoyed it very much!  Maybe I was just bad at picking appies :(  Everyone around me seemed to have ordered grilled shrimp. Arg.
They were ginormous!!! 


We both ended up ordering the same entree - Cornish hen with roasted root vegetables.
This, was executed perfectly!
The skin was indeed crackling, while the meat remained really juicy.  I've never had any poultry dish that's marinated so well while still maintaining its texture.  Usually the protein begins to change after some hours of marinade due to the salt but this, was really good!

A close-up.  Hehe. 
Tina and I both enjoyed it very much :)

Again, we went for the same dessert :P I know, I know.  We just want what we want!!
Buttermilk panna cotta with berry compote
standard panna cotta.  I love everything milky-puddingy :)

"Flower"-less? 

Cute.  lol

oh, one thing to note tho.  We had a rude server.  I guess the night was busy and they had a huge line-up at the front, but I suppose we should still have our right to enjoy our dinner regardless.  I guess some of the comments he made was supposed to be "funny" but when 2 out of 3 people do not find it funny, I guess he is going a little over-board.  

Over all, the dinner was alright.  I had higher expectations due to the raging reviews but the only thing that wow-ed me was the entree.

Food: 3/5 stars
Service: 2.5/5 stars
Ambiance: 2.5/5 stars - too squishy - it was literally a house!!!






Corner House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment