Saturday, September 12, 2015

Earnest ice cream - my Vancouver foodie continues!

Hai everyone!

I have abandoned my blog for quite some time... Mostly because I haven't had a lot of time ....but my foodie adventure contunued in forms of FB or IG postings! 

((Although moving to England also meant a lack of good food... Anyhow!))

I was back to Vancouver for 12 days for my bestie's wedding (yay maid of HONOUR!!) in August. It was my first time back since last October and I must say... I miss home :'( 

Apparently Vancouver's had a very dry and hot summer this year (which, I secretly enjoyed because I think summer has forgotten about England this year......) so it was a perfect excuse for me to finally hit up the infamous Earnest Ice cream!

Whiskey and hazel nut & London fog - $9 for two scoops ($7 for one; and $11 for a pint)

The London fog was quite nice - the earl grey came through quite strongly (which, I didn't mind personally as I love earl grey but for those who find that licorice-y flavour of earl grey offensive, this might not be your cup of tea ;) (pun intended- get it? Get it?? :D )

BUT - I am here to talk about the real star of these little frozen balls of joy here... The Whiskey Hazel Nut  !!!!!!!

OMG

yes, it was that good - the smokey roasted hazel nuts added an extra layer of smokey bitterness to the subtle yet existential smokey, woodsy flavour of the whiskey in the ice cream - while providing some nice texture (don't you just love that crunch?) the ice cream itself was smooth, delicate, and not overly creamy; with its texture resembling Haagen**zs. (Please don't hit me!)

Overall, I enjoyed my ice cream at Earnest and I am very glad that Jordan insisted on queuing.  It is well worth the wait in my opinion and if you ever visit Vancouver, do yourself a favour and pick up a pint! Apparently they will give you $1 back if you return your mason jar in which the ice cream is packed. (So technically the pint will only cost you $10!! - but I'd totally keep the jars... They are so cute  :P )

Ps. They are also happy to provide you with samples so feel free to ask!! 

Service: 4
Ambiance: 4 (a little rustic looking - might be difficult to find seating when busy!)
Food:4 (I didn't try many flavours but I think London fog was a bit disappointing...)

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Earnest ice cream - my Vancouver foodie continues!" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete