Wednesday, October 3, 2012

High school reunion - Provence Marinaside

I can't believe September is almost coming to an end!!
Time surely flies and, no, I am not at all ready for my journey to Cambridge!
Perhaps a little more Vancouver seafood will calm my nerve...
so there I went to the Provence Marinaside :)

I haven't heard much about this place other than its pricy price tag, so off we went!
whole crab - $41 - 5/5
I ordered a whole crab - steamed with beurre blanc sauce.

OMG.

The crab was incredibly meaty and sweet.  It tasted great with the beurre blanc sauce and although priced at $42, I do believe that it is quite reasonable for a restaurant located at yaletown harbour front.

I do believe that the condition of the crabs are seasonal tho so - be careful when you go in I guess...



Grilled Whole lobster with beurre blanc sauce - $37 -  4/5
I didn't try this personally but according to my friends who've tried it, it was plump and sweet.  The meat was firm, indicating its freshness and yea, what more can I say? it was pretty awesome!!

You can also have it steamed or sautéed (same with the crab, but crab can't be grilled)

overall we had a great time there at Provence.  Although I wouldn't recommend their antipasti so much (esp the ones from the show windows)but their seafood is definitely of high quality and if I were ever back in Van again I wouldn't hesitant to give them a try over The Keg's crab dinner!!

food - 4/5 - antipasti were not good...
Service - 4/5 - attentive server; quite knowledgable as well
Ambiance - 5/5 - date night <3 although a tad noisy, you still get the awesome view of granville island from seawall!!


Provence Marinaside Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Winnie,

    My name is Judy. I am a Marketing Coordinator for a curation platform called Atomic Reach that creates blogger communities and connects bloggers with brands looking for high-quality content. You have been selected to share your articles on our community site because you produce high-quality content that is interesting and engaging and it’s exactly what our readers crave!

    I am reaching out to you about an opportunity to become part of the new tribe called "Vancouver Eats". As a huge foodie myself, I loved reading through your blog and think you have done a fantastic job in covering topics that would be interesting to the members. The community will showcase all your food-related posts and stunning photos.

    So the obvious question, what’s in it for you?

    You will gain more traffic to your blog, and we’ll be sending new readers to your site every day. You can also meet new fellow bloggers who write about the same topic!

    If you’re interested or have any questions, please send me an email (judy@atomicreach.com) and I’ll send you a link to activate your account (or an answer to questions).

    We look forward to you joining our community! :)

    Kindest Regards,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete